[Elfsea] OT:Bad news

Marilyn Wolffe mmdswolffe at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 25 19:23:56 PST 2010

Holiday greetings,

It is with a sad heart that I am posting this. My children and have been part of the SCA for 6 years. I am known my many as "Anika's Mom" or "Wolfhart's mom". I am known as Lady Meriyan der Grat, proud mother of Lady Anika(Stephanie,20), Wolfhart(Daniel,15) and Mattiue(Matthew,11). The children have been active in Archery, A&S and bardic for all these years, and have won numerous awards

Last night on Christmas eve, while their father was at the children's grandmother house, he went for a walk and never return. We received a call at 3 AM, stating that at approximately 930. Woody was crossing Beech Street, near Western Center heading to the Kroger's. He was struck by a drunk driver doing about 45-50 mph. The driver has been arrested.

The coroners report and police report should be released on Monday, The kids are holding up so-so. One minute there fine the next break down and tears. I am hanging in there, I did not get along well with him but was married to him for 18 years, I do remember the good times we did have.

Please keep the kids in your prayers. Their father was not the best person in the world, but he was their dad. My kids are far to young to not have a dad.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news this evening, but I know many think highly of my children.

Regards,
Lady Meriyan der Gart
MKA-Marilyn Wolffe-Stewart