[Elfsea] Armor workshop

Jay Rudin rudin at peoplepc.com
Sun Feb 7 13:45:19 PST 2010

Somebody wrote:

>Is anyone doing an armor workshop anytime soon? I need to finish some pieces. (Kidney belt, repad helm, and shield) also is it possible to hang a shield for both hands or do I need to get 2 shields (a right and left hand shield)?

Centergrip shields are ambidextrous, and a round shield with no armory can be hung that way.

But a standard heater used in a period fashion is either right or left handed.  (Master Telbyrne had a shield with both sets of straps, so anyone could use it, but that is unusual.

If you're hanging your first shield, I recommend that you only need one.  Switching hands is advanced work.  Get the basics down first, with a single shield style.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin