[Elfsea] Viking 10 Gore Class

Genie Barrett maggegene at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 10:07:29 PDT 2010

Hello all,

After discussing with friends and interested parties, I have scheduled the
class for:

Saturday, July 24th at 10a.m.

The Viking 10 gore dress/tunic is based on the digs in Norse Greenland.  The
dress/tunic is based on rectangles and triangles, and is fitted to the
wearer based on their body measurements.  I used this pattern to make HE
Hraffn's coronation tunic, and also use it regularly for viking and early
period styles.  It's easy, no strange curved seams, and can be assembled in
a few hours.  The best part is that it fits so well to each person no matter
your body shape.

Please bring a sewing machine, if you have one, thread, and about 4-5 yards
of fabric for women, and 3 yards for men.  A word to the wise, if you want
it loose bring a bit more fabric.  While I can sometimes piece a tunic from
two yards, it won't be very full.

Here are directions to my home:

Take your best route to Hwy 80. (Most of you in the DFW area will use that
to get to Canton)

Take the Windmill Farms Exit. (east of Forney, west of Terrell)
After entering the Farms, go Straight through the first Stop Sigh
Left on Reeder
Right on Iron Gate
Right on Rose May

My house is halfway down on the left, I have a large rose bush on my front
pillar.
I live at:  2110 Rose May Dr, Forney, TX

In service,
Magge MacPherson
Bard