[Elfsea] Cook's Guild meeting

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Mon Jun 7 13:09:00 PDT 2010

Tonight is the first meeting of the Elfsea Cook's Guild this year. It has been on the calendar, but I have not publicized it much.

It will be at my home starting at 6:30 PM. Anyone is welcome if they enjoy cooking or want to improve their cooking skills. We will primarily focus on what you should know to cook for feasts in the SCA. That means commercial cooking: sanitation to commercial standards, where to buy for large groups to save lots of money, preparation skills, planning skills, and whatever else you want to do.

We will meet once a month on the first Monday of the Month (unless the concensus is another day of the week). Each meeting will have a theme, one or more skills (probably used in the theme), and one or more dishes that the participants will cook and eat.

There is no fee currently and I don't expect one to be imposed in the future. Some nights you may be invited to bring something in line with the theme and explain how you made it and why you chose this item. Mostly I (or another host) will furnish the raw ingredients and show you how to use them with new skills and in keeping with the theme.

Tonight's skill will be knives: selecting them, caring for them, and several techniques to use them.

In service,
Caelin on Andrede

2220 Patterson Pl
Arlington, Tx 76012