[Elfsea] Fw: [steppesbowyerandfletchersguild] Changes to our Steppes archery-missile format:

William Black Dragon ironwyrm at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 18 09:23:23 PDT 2010

--- On Fri, 6/18/10, William Black Dragon <ironwyrm at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

From: William Black Dragon <ironwyrm at sbcglobal.net>
Subject: [steppesbowyerandfletchersguild] Changes to our Steppes archery-missile format:
To: "steppes" <steppes at lists.ansteorra.org>
Date: Friday, June 18, 2010, 11:14 AM

      Greetings all,

As you may have already heard we are planing to make a few changes
to our local archery format here in Steppes.

First we shall be changing to "summer hours" for target archery starting
this Sunday June 20th 2010.  Steppes archery practices will begin and
end one hour earlier through the last Sunday in August.  So plan on
archery practice between 9 AM & Noon to try and beat the summer
heat.  There shall be some marshal rotations however between HL
Katya, Sir Lasgaard and myself we plan to continue our weekly
target archery practices through the summer.  Please note there may
some cancellations do to excessive heat index through the summer
months so be sure to watch this list for the
 Sunday
 morning posts &
updates concerning archery practices before heading out to the range.

Next starting July through September we plan to hold combat archery
training & authorization classes during our regular Steppes fighter
practices at Mary Head Park on the first & third Sundays of those
months.  The objective is to get
 those from our region whom have
expressed their interest to become combat archery authorized ready

in time for Rosenfeld's "Battle of Three Commanders" in early October.
We shall not be available for July 4th so plan to start on July 18 and
we shall plan to be there every 1st & 3rd Sunday through September.
So should you have an interest in joining us for those classes pray
contact me for more information.  Please note, combat archery is a
full contact activity and the appropriate legal SCA armor is required.
We do have a limited amount of loaner gear, however you shall be
expected to put your own kit together as soon as possible.

Last, not exactly archery but missile related, we plan to start a siege
class soon.  Steppes already has one legal battle ready siege ballista,
we only need a siege crew to man it.  Should you have an interest of
getting in on the ground floor of the creation of our Steppes
 siege
 engine
team pray contact me so we might arrange a time to start training.  We
would like to have a siege crew ready in time for the Rosenfeld event as
well.  Please note this is also a full contact activity and the appropriate
legal SCA armor is required as well.

Should you have any questions or wish more information concerning any
of the above pray contact me at the email address shown in the header.

Very much looking forward to seeing you on the field!

Regards,

HL William Black Dragon  called "Ironwyrm"
Interim Archery Marshal of the Steppes

    __._,_.___

	  Reply to sender |

	  Reply to group |
            	Start a New Topic

                Messages in this topic
          (1)

      Recent Activity:

    Visit Your Group

      MARKETPLACE

                        Get great advice about dogs and cats.  Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

                        Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

  .