[Elfsea] Warlord Newcomers

William Meriic wmeriic at tx.rr.com
Tue May 4 09:11:29 PDT 2010

Good day everyone,

If you are new and planning on attending Warlord, or you know someone who is
new and planning on attending, it is time to start thinking about garb
(clothing).  Many newcomers are intimidated by the requirement that
attendees must wear an attempt at medieval clothing.  But, I assure you,
this isn't a major hurdle, and really adds to the experience.  You have
several options:

. Non-fantasy renaissance fair clothing will be great.
. An oversized T-shirt (no print or design), a pair of sweat pants, leather
shoes or boots, and a long belt over the shirt make a great tunic.  Consider
removing the elastic from the ankles of the sweat pants for an even better
look.
. Ask some of your SCA friends.  We love to help.  Many of us even have
extra clothes we can lend you.
. If you have basic sewing skills and a little time, a T-Tunic is very easy
to make.
. Contact me, the Hospitaler of the Steppes.  I have 6 large tubs of
clothing that we keep on hand for newcomers.

If you know of any new people who are attending, please reach out to them
and make sure their clothing needs will be addressed.  Contact me if I can
be of assistance.

Newcomer's Point at Warlord:

We will not have a dedicated table at Warlord, but we will have someone on
duty during "normal" hours to attend to newcomers.  The gate will radio for
a representative when a newcomer arrives.  We will have a couple of totes of
loaner clothing on site as well.

If you would like to volunteer to help us with newcomers, please let me
know.

Loaner Clothes:

If you, or someone you know, would like to borrow loaner clothes, please
contact me now.  While we will have some loaner clothing on site, it will be
limited by space, and issued on a first-come-first-served basis.

I am available many weekday evenings.  Contact me to arrange a time soon.

Will Meriic
hospitaler at steppes.ansteorra.org