[Elfsea] Fighter Practice (Thu), Armor work day (Sat)

Genie Barrett maggegene at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 06:17:27 PST 2010

Hey everyone,  We are having Fighter Practice like normal on Thursday, Ben
Gill Park, Terrell, 7:00.

We are also headed out to Terrence's house for an armoring workshop for most
of the day on Saturday the 13th.

Please come out and get ready for BAM.  Bring a bit of food to share, and
we'll make a day of it.

See you there, Magge

Here's Terrence's message.

I was planning on opening it up on Nov. 13 from about 11 AM until dark.
Everyone is welcome to come early or late whenever they feel they can make
it.

My address is 1562 Dogpatch Dr., Terrell, TX  75161.  If you don't have a
GPS, go east from Terrell on I-20 to exit 506 "FM 2728/FM 2727 College Mound
Road."  Turn right (south) at the first turn off of the off ramp onto FM
2728 and go @ 2.5 miles to Abner Road.  Abner Road is disjointed by about 50
feet, so don't turn right, go another 50 feet and turn left.  Go @ 2 miles
on Abner Road, then turn left onto Dogpatch Drive.  Go about .6 miles.  We
are the 6th house on the right, with a big antenna.

Since it is predicted to rain Thursday and Friday the yard may be wet and
slick, so people need to park on the drive, if possible, or to the right of
the drive if that is full.  We can have this rain or shine, as we will be
inside the barn, but it IS a barn, so if anyone has any allergies to dust,
horses, etc, they might want to take benadryl or whatever they have.  It
also might be slick or muddy, so wear shoes for mud (or whatever else
happens in a barnyard) and be careful walking.

The barn has a cement floor, electric lights, and electical outlets.  The
weather isn't predicted to be cold, but if it is I will have a small
heater.  I will have a couple of 3 x 6 tables and some other work benches,
and also a couple of anvils to rivet on.  We should have plenty of room.  I
will have the horses blocked out of the work area so they won't bother us.
Everyone might bring their chairs, drinks, and a snack or two if they want
to stay all day.  I will probably be working until everyone leaves, or until
dark.

If it isn't too wet and someone wants to bring a horse and do some riding,
we have @ 10 acres behind the barn and a round pen.  The round pen area
would probably be good if someone wants to fight, also.

Terrence