[Elfsea] Steppes Artisan

AlKudsi at aol.com AlKudsi at aol.com
Mon Sep 13 00:53:44 PDT 2010

As the senior Steppes Artisan present yesterday, it is my honor to
congratulate our 23rd Artisan of the Steppes, the Honorable Lady Katya, on a superb
display that gained her the title. Although there had been much confusion
due to a lack of event steward and place to hold the event, we still had 14
entrants that made our decision very difficult. Our thanks to Symmone de Aix
who stepped up to put together such an excellent event in such a short amount
of time.

Those who were present heard the announcement I made during court. At our
next Artisan, we are instituting the Branwyn O"Brallaghan prize. This will be
for a single entry where the artist took something that others could not
see a use for, and turned it into a treasure. Those of you who knew Mistress
Branwyn know that she was famous for her trash-into-treasure abilities, and
the Baron and Baroness, and members of the Artisans of the Steppes feel that
this is a good way to recognize her legacy in the arts for both this Barony
and the Kingdom. This award will be made independent of the Artisan judging,
but will be judged by the Artistans of the Steppes and Their Excellencies.
The prize for the first winner of this award will be a trompe l'oeil box
created by Mistress Branwyn herself. We are announcing this now in order to
give all artisans significant time to turn out an entry worthy of such a prize.

In service to the Steppes

the Honorable el-Sayyidda Saqra al-Kudsi
6th Artisan of the Steppes