[Elfsea] Fwd: [Steppes] Scribal exhibit at SMU

Jessica Smith jasiwolf at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 13:49:36 PST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mary Schirmer <mary_schirmer at yahoo.com>
Date: Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Subject: [Steppes] Scribal exhibit at SMU
To: steppes at lists.ansteorra.org

I haven't seen anyone mention on this list so I that I'd let people know that
SMU Meadows Museum in Dallas is having a special exhibit of illuminated
manuscripts.  The show is "The Lost Manuscripts from the Sistine Chapel: An Epic
Journey from Rome to Toledo".  It runs January 23-April 23, 2011.

There is also a series of evening lectures at 6pm in the Bob Smith
Auditorium-Meadows Museum.

February 24 -- Music for the Masses: Illuminating Medieval and Renaissance Choir
Books by Dr. Christine Sciacca, Assistant Curator, Department of
Manuscripts, the J. Paul Getty Museum.

March 3 -- The Illuminators Table by Sylvana Barrett, Artist and Technical
Historian

April 5 -- Folia Fugitiva: The Pursuit of the Illuminated Manuscript Leaf by Dr.
Roger S. Wieck, Curator of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts, The Pierpont
Morgan Library and Museum.
 Mary Schirmer
http://www.marysmaiolicaarts.com
http://marysmaiolica.etsy.com