[Elfsea] Surgery

Brandy Merrell brandy.merrell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 15:29:43 PST 2011

Good afternoon everyone,

Morgan made it through pre-op this morning.  Surgery is scheduled for 7:15
in the morning (thank goodness I don't have to deprive food for too long,
but unfortunately it means we have to be at the hospital at 6).  The OR is
booked from 7:15-11:15, but our surgeon expected the surgery to be complete
by 10:30 (we won't be able to see her until about an hour after that).  She
will be in the ICU for 1-2 nights (2-3 days) and then in the hospital for
several days.  Visitors are permitted, but they have a fairly strict policy
about vistors under three:

"For safety, children under age three are not permitted to visit patients .
All visiting children and siblings three years old and younger must check in
at the nurse’s station for a health screen prior to entering the patient’s
room. Note that it is imperative that you notify a nurse immediately if a
visiting child has been exposed to measles, mumps or chicken pox in the last
three weeks."

Please feel free to give me a call if you want to come up and see us!
(817)789-8311

I have set up a caring bridge site to make it easier for everyone to track
our progress tomorrow without having to send so many emails and here is that
information:

www.caringbridge.org/visit/morganmerrell

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers,

Brandy (Marion)
Medical City Childrens Hospital Dallas
7777 Forest Lane, Dallas, TX 75230
(972)566-7000