[Elfsea] Steppes Fiber Guild this Tues, 1/25 7 pm

Vicki Marsh vmarsh at twmarsh.net
Sat Jan 22 15:31:51 PST 2011

Greetings from Mistress Xene,

At the Steppes Fiber Guild meeting this coming Tuesday,  we will be working
on various projects as well as having a class on Norse Treasure Necklaces
and a class on beaded stitch markers and needle threaders being presented by
HL Arabella. Even if you aren’t going to take the class, please come and
hang out with us as we play and discuss fiber, knitting, spinning, felting,
beading, etc.

The following is the class description provided by Arabella:
------------
Since our current King’s persona is Anglo Saxon, and just in time for Gulf
War XX and besides my traveling companion needs one and I want to make a new
one and I need to order this stuff anyway
.. and
. .yadda yadda yadda....
I will be teaching Mistress Gunnora’s class on Norse Treasure Necklaces (the
beads strung between 2 broaches of a Viking apron dress) on
Tuesday,  January 25th, 2011  from 7 pm - ?
Saturday January 29th  from 10 am - 2 pm
Sunday  30th, 2011. from 2 pm - 5 pm (ish)

The place is Mistress Xene’s shop. It's just one block south of I-20 between
Loop 408 and Hwy 67.

Whirled Fibers Inc.
263 W. Camp Wisdom Rd.
Duncanville, TX 75116
469-826-4274
info at whirledfibers.com

On Tuesday the 25th, the cost for the class is $25.00.  The kit has a
beading board, a round nose plier and a flat nose plier plus a few other
specific historically correct beads.  Then you get to choose the rest of the
beads for the necklace.  I will provide all the findings and beading wires.
You will be able to take home your tools and of course your finished Viking
Treasure Necklace.

 If you come on Saturday and/or Sunday, there will be an extra $5.00 fee,
which will go to Mistress Xene for the use of her classroom space.

If you already have any of these tools, please bring them and there will be
a small fee for the rest of the materials.

For those who Knit or for those who do Naalbinding, I will also be teaching
a concurrent class on how to make your own stitch markers and needle
threaders.  That class will have a tool kit as well and you will be able to
take home the tools in the kit.

Price for that class is also $25.00 dollars.  The kit includes a specially
made crimping plier, your own spool of beading wire and enough crimps and
crimp covers to make 10 stitch markers.  You will have the opportunity to
choose the beads out of my bead stash.

Arabella de Montacute
682-564-6594 cell

Thank you for reading all the way to the end!

Mistress Xene
mka
Vicki Marsh