[Elfsea] Excellent tutorial for making combat axes

Michael Gunter dookgunthar at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 6 06:56:51 PDT 2011

> Have you had a chance to compare the performance of these leather
> weapons with, say, the Windrose or Talhoffer rubber axe heads? I
> mean, of course, how they work on *your* weapon. I scarcely think I
> need say that I assume you have never been struck by any of them
> against your will. ;-)
>
> Yours,
>
> --Antoine

Well, these aren't MY axes. They are created by a gentleman in Atlantia. And if
they are good enough to kill an Atlantian with they will do a pretty good job on
everyone else.

I'm sure all of them work fine but I do like the variation that can be done with the
"Vitus Axe Heads".  This technique can make everything from small belt axes to
bearded war axes to halberds.

I haven't made one yet but plan on it and the technique looks so simple that even
a talentless clod like me has a chance to make it look good.

Gunthar