[Elfsea] Steppes Artisan - Special Prize

alkudsi at aol.com alkudsi at aol.com
Wed Jun 15 23:36:14 PDT 2011

Just a reminder to our artists out there...there will be a special prize, above and beyond those usually awarded at Artisan this year. This year, in memory of Mistress Branwyn (8th Artisan of the Steppes ), we will be awarding a prize for the best "Trash to Treasure" transformation. Branwyn was so gifted at taking something not worth a cent and turning it into something priceless that we Artisans decided that this was a good way to celebrate her life and her art, and to keep her memory alive.

It can be any art, it just needs to be something amazing made from something that cost little or nothing. Documentation is desired, especially how you ended up with the "trash" that became the treasure. The prize is one of Mistress Branwyn's trompe l'oeil boxes.The Artisans will be doing the judging, but will elicit opinions from other artists and the populace during the day. The prize will be awarded at court, following the announcement of the new Artisan.

You may re-post this announcement to any and sundry lists, since the more that enter, the better.

Honorable el-Sayyidda Saqra al-Kudsi
6th Artisan of the Steppes