[Elfsea] Introduction

Dan Baker lordrhys at gmail.com
Thu May 19 14:53:00 PDT 2011

My letter of Marque is through the Midrealm Crown, read and named Capten in
court.  However if the Crown of Ansteorra would like to discuss a change of
venue, I am open to that.

So there I was the other day at an Ansteorran port selling some.. umm
recently acquired goods, when a merchant  came up dragging a member of the
Guard. Accusing me of selling his goods.

So I said to the guard Good morning Captain, How can I help you?

Oh? you are a just a Sargent? I would have thought someone with your obvious
bearing was an officer, not just an unappreciated, underpaid Sargent.  But
Anyway Sargent, How can I be of service?

Piracy? I assure you Sargent these goods were acquired quite legally.  The I
was sailing along minding my own business when we came upon a vessel burning
and quickly sinking, seeing no other vessels in sight we investigated and
found no survivors, there were canon ball holes and damage throughout and
the ship was unsaveable. It appeared to be damage from an East Kingdom
marauder, but anyway with no one left the cargo clearly falls under maritime
salvage laws so my crew and I recovered it, you can see the water damage on
these crates right here.  Now If I hadn't just sold it all I would have
given the previous owner a discount of course.

Black sailed Pirates? Why no Sargent, I haven't seen any such.  My ship is
right there and you can see my sails are white.

Why thank you Sargent I appreciate your time and hard work.  Oh, one thing,
Do you suppose you could do me a favor Sargent?  I want to be sure and catch
the tide,and taking the port taxes over might cost me too much time, Do you
suppose you could drop off this bag of money at the Port Authority?

Thank you Sargent, I appreciate it, and here, let me give you something to
buy a drink, after you are off duty of course.

And thank you Good Merchant for alerting me to brigands in there area.  Do
you suppose you could point me to the Merchant who sells cannon balls?  I
seem to be low on stock and if there are Pirates in the area I want to make
sure my ship is fully armed.

No?  That's ok, I am sure we can find him.

So Nope so far no complaints from Ansteorran Authorities.  I even paid my
taxes.

-Captain Rhys