[Elfsea] Arts and Science Projects

Richard Culver rbculver at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 16 17:30:40 PDT 2011

Not a citizen of Elfsea, but I like hearing about others works.

My projects for the summer are gearing up for Laurels Prize, to hopefully make a better impression than the "homework table" I had last year. :P

All mine are translations:
-AElfric's letter on translation in his Preface to Genesis (Old English)
-Various Old English riddles
- Excerpts from the Sachsenspiegel, a Middle Low German collections of feudal (Lehnrecht) and regular land law (Landsrecht).
-Muspilli, an Old High German poem
-Wessobrenner Gebet and a couple of other short Old High Prayers and pieces.

Not sure what else, but if I can I would like to at least write text in various forms of these languages as well as Middle English for original scrolls, which I have no actual talent for creating the artistic side.

Gódspéde!
Wihtric hlafard, wyrdwritere þegndómes Steppena