[Elfsea] Kitchen thanks

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Mon May 16 09:27:30 PDT 2011

Those of you who missed the feast missed a great meal thanks to the enthusiastic work of a great many people. The following is in alphabetic order as I cannot possibly put them in order of benefit to the feast. They were all great.

Alianorra dropped in, make the Alfredo sauce, and ran out. She was not supposed to work that day, but jumped in to help with her recipe.

Annes helped chop garlic and other things to go into the chicken.

Crandal came early and stayed late. In between he did whatever needed doing: chopping, cooking, stirring, carrying, ... with skill and care. His work at many, many feasts make him a blessing at getting anything done right.

Dawn is new to our area, but she jumped in and chopped, assembled, and anything else. She will become a very good cook if she chooses to continue with this. Cooking for large groups is different from cooking at home, but she asked questions and picked it up quickly.

Elizabeth de Salsbury was everywhere when anyone needed help. She also chopped, smashed, and did great prep work.

Elisabeth Pendarvis who usually makes the bread for me (she has a wonderful German loaf) made salads, prepped the outgoing dishes, washed some of the serving dishes so we could reuse them in the next course, chopped tomatoes, onions, garlic, and generally was where she needed to be when she was needed. Her experience running feasts of her own was obvious.

Kermegan of Tarransay (also known as Pyro and my wife) did the bread, stirred the soup, chopped, and cooked the chicken. She washed the pots and pans and the serving things before we used them, after each use, and before we loaded them into trailer. She made the orange desserts in an offsite commercial kitchen then ran to get them just before the feast started. She made lunch for many of us. Basically, it could not have been done without her.

Mark Sonnier is a friend of mine interested in cooking. He jumped into literally everything to learn the recipes and techniques. It would have been much harder without him.

Sarah chopped onions and garlic and stuffed the chicken breasts. I would cut and trim them and make pockets then she would stuff them with the onion, garlic, mushroom mix and seal them with cheese. Nearly everyone else looked at the process and ran away, but she kept at it. She also did many other tasks, but stuffing the chicken stands out.

Sebastian who worked a bit in the kitchen but primarily was the server wrangler. At my request, he took on a job he had never done and was not comfortable doing and did it wonderfully. I only had to worry about staging the food for the servers to deliver, not the delivery.

Vanessa is new to our group, but she was in and out of the kitchen all day. She was always getting things done.

Lastly, Genevieve de Lironcourt, our Autocrat/Steward who was the liaison between us and the Crown, made sure we had what we needed, and made it possible for us to concentrate on preparing and serving the food.

If I missed someone, please let me know.

To all those who worked in the kitchen, many, many thanks. Any accolades for the feast belong to you.

In service,
Caelin on Andrede
Head Cook