[Elfsea] Viking Coat questions

Marilyn Wolffe-Stewart mmdswolffe at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 11 17:56:04 PDT 2011

Productive day-Cut body and gores out for a Viking shin length-gored coat. Have those pinned together. I have the sleeves measured & drawn out, waiting on cutting till I get the body mostly sewn together…. My closures are 4 matching bronze penannular 1.5" pins.

SCA friends questions:
I have 4 gores, two in the back and 1 on each side. Is that right or do I need one/two in the front?
Collar-stand up, flat shirt like or hood? I was thinking a stand up collar and a matching pelgrain(sp?) cap, or as the boys call it my “smurf style hat”.
Opinion, ideas?