[Elfsea] Elfsea Tidings Submission Deadline for October

Tamara Carlton tamara at carltons.net
Mon Sep 26 06:51:43 PDT 2011

Caitrin,
I will bring the release to MOOT tonight.  I figured a digital copy of the
report is easier for you just to cut and paste.  :)
Caitrina

Greetings to our Honorable Barony,

As we head into the cooler season, there are some things to remember.
Please avoid open flames inside any tent. There are some wonderful
electric candles available now that even flicker and behave like a real
one, please consider obtaining some of these in lew of an open flame
inside your tent.
Please read all safety precautions on any tent heat and use only when you
know the risks.  The best source of heat is your best friend and they
won’t burn the tent down.  If you insulate your inflatable mattress from
the cold and from yourself it will reduce the heat loss and keep you
warmer. Sleeping up off the ground will help also.  An extra wool blanked
on the bed will do wonders with out adding much to your kit and your cloak
will also work as an extra blanket.  Please remember to change into dry
clothes before going to bed, do not sleep in the garb you have been
sweating in all day, this will go along way to keeping you warm.  A nice
hat while you sleep to reduce heat loss will help.  Wool socks with silk
liners are the best options (my opinion)

It will be truly cold before we know it.
Keep warm.

Lady Caitrina inghean Mhurchadha