[Elfsea] Craig's List debate

Marilyn Wolffe mmdswolffe at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 3 15:00:44 PDT 2011

As I said we spoke at length-it was her son's Armour. She said they played "locally". She was not forthcoming about who his or her's persona were. But said they gave it up a "few" years ago. We also talked of clothing but her son is only 5'9", there for would not fit Wolfhart.

Further conversation today was abrupt. But the purchasers was someone from west Ft Worth, she didn't see why I didn't beat that person to the house. Her son knew about the agreement to sell to me, that it was a for a new young figther who's boffer stuff was not appropriate for adult heavy. It was mention that her son thought it was "cool" that the Armour was getting a whole new life through the upcoming youth. But money knows no honor, this Scadian knew the Armour set was spoken for-but figured to hell with it. The new holder of the Armour asked her son what it would take to sell to him. Of course more money.

So there is un chivalrous behavior amongst our populous.

But the this months Black Star holds alot of answers- with the survey report. Our last two events as a family unit- I have never been treated so rudely, alienated, slighted. Like we were unwelcome  and unwanted. We invited people to our camp to share our meals, later to share our fire and wine, Made an effort to go visiting, in the evening. Were not ask to sit and join them, after a couple of insincere greetings they went back to talking among est themselves. We were asked for water at one of these events, it was given then that was it for the rest of the event. Elfsea knows my children, we have played as a family since 2004,the last event. Mattieu remarked "was it just me or did everyone seem really stuck-up towards us?"

We have not played as much in the last year as we had in the past. With unemployment of myself, the kids dad dieing & my medical issues. With that behind us were gearing up to get back in the swing and groove of the SCA. We did enjoy it alot, lived for the events and work our buts off at them. We enjoyed the team feeling & the camaraderie. As the old adage goes " there is no I in Team", but you know there is two other letters an M & E. They are in it for themselves and what we benefit themselves. If you are not in the "in" crowd, the right house, know the right people you are SOL.

Others make fun of the SCA-I defend our organization Strongly. They do not know what we do, what we stand for that we come from all backgrounds but all hold a common thread of interest. A thirst for knowledge, sharing and play, of course. Honor is very important.

Of late my experience I have not seen much-I have asked for assistance in a couple of areas., Two tried and true friends work with Wolfhart. Other than that it was if I was talking to a wall. This Is my opinion-we do not feel welcomed as a family. I pay membership fees. You can say you get what you give. We have in the past given and given- we didn't do it for recognition, but after awhile working your butt off and no one will even talk to you, gets a bit old. Again my opinion, so today's incident was the frosting on the cake.

To think we could have been at Gothic having fun, we would have been if not for my surgery last week. Gothic is a cool event-we have gone and camped with a household, camped with our barony and camped alone. But it never mattered, everyone is friends, it's a shame it's the last one. Wish more events could be like that. Again my opinion.

Just curious what we have done to be treated the way we have of late......it's not just the armour, it was the trigger for the feelings coming to the surface