[Elfsea] Elfsea Melees update

Bill Perkins bill.perkins at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 2 20:41:00 PDT 2012

Greetings unto the populace of Elfsea and Dragonsfire Tor from Alejandro y
Amalia

First, we wish to thank Her Ladyship Elspeth for the innumerable hours she
has devoted to finding a date for Elfsea Melees and coordinating with the
Boy Scouts to reserve a wonderful site.  We also appreciate the time and
effort that Lady Caitrina and Lady Katrine put into developing a viable bid
for the event.

We regretfully inform you that Elfsea will not be hosting a melee event this
year. During discussions with our cousins, Their Excellencies Bjornsborg, we
found out that His Majesty Hrafn will be one of the principals for the
Bjornsborg event, the Battle of Ethandune. This is their Perpetual Event
Date and their format is a melee this year. Also, we feel the need to
concentrate our energy on the Camporee Demo. We would like for Elfsea to
show our appreciation to the Boy Scouts there, and it promises to be a lot
of fun as well as a lot of work.

Please consider going to Bjornsborg, to support either His Majesty Hrafn (at
that future date, His Grace) or His Grace Ulsted.  Bjornsborg has a strong
tradition of hospitality and fun (crest tourney anyone???) and we would like
all to enjoy the fun to be had in Bjornsborg.  We will be going to
Bjornsborg's event and hope to see many of you from Elfsea and Dragonsfire
Tor there as well.

We still look forward to hosting a Melee event in Elfsea, but next year.  We
will be consulting with our Seneschal, other officers, and interested
members of the populace to find a date in 2013 and get it on the calendar as
soon as possible.

Alejandro y Amalia
Barón y Baronesa