[Elfsea] The elevation of Her Excellency Amalia to the Order of the Laurel

pcrandal at sbcglobal.net pcrandal at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 12 18:57:50 PST 2012

Vivat!

I remember that event. At least I think I do, after all it was 12 years ago.
I had helped prepare the food for the Vigil on Friday night and as I did not feel well, I went home early. Coming back on Saturday, I found that my friends were looking for me as I was Xene's personal herald for the ceremony and they could not find my script. It was in my tent, in a boot. I changed clothes and prepared for Court.
Xene removed her finery that she had worn during the day and dressed only in a simple white gown as that was proper for a Byzantine Lady who was to be honored by her Crown. I announced her presence and she came flowing in. It was a great day for her and Elfsea.
It was at the Brown's site, crowded and full of ruts and mud.
It was magnificent.

Crandall, Olde Phart

"In all life one should comfort the afflicted, but verily, also, one should afflict the comfortable, and especially when they are comfortably, contentedly, even happily wrong." -John Kenneth Galbraith