[Elfsea] ISO Armor Help

Donald Whitney dwhitney98 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 23 09:49:52 PST 2012

I think what Pyro is trying to say is "what are these two small rivets supporting?", and if you can give a diameter for the holes required we'd really appreciate it.  The rivet size to support a chin strap is not necessarily the same as the rivet size to support a vizor, or the rivet size to support helmet trim.

I have a set of titanium bits and a floor length drill press, as well as highspeed steel bits which sometimes work better depending on what your drilling through, if Cailan's drill press doesn't work for you (not sure if it's floor length or tabletop - might have trouble getting a helm under a tabletop drill press).  I also have a spring-punch to mark where to start the hole, and will admit to using the 1/2 inch hammer drill in a pinch.

I would recommend using a punch first to place the divet exactly where you want the hole, and lubricate the bit (oil or water).  Stainless can be pretty hard. Any idea what gauge your wanting to drill through?

Silvius, metal geek