[Elfsea] Cutting a fuller

Donald Whitney dwhitney98 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 4 11:54:35 PDT 2012

Asoph,

 What metal is the "heavy blade" (I'm assuming steel, but what kind of steel)?  Is it hardened(if so, to what hardness)? How long is it?
 How wide do you want the fuller to be, and how long?

In theory you could do this with a drill press and vise, but I wouldn't want to try it.
Any reason your not hammerring a fuller into the blade?

You probably want a machine shop.  Have you tried any contacts in the North Texas Blacksmith's Association?  You might touch base with Eisen and see if he knows of anyone willing to do it.  Last I heard he was working in Patrick Thaden's shop.

Silvius, whose rivet forge is way too small to pound a fuller into a sword