[Elfsea] Assistance needed for grad paper

Sandra Geil alexsandraeryn at yahoo.com
Sun May 13 07:18:42 PDT 2012

Have you tried starting with the Hellenic ideals (as expressed in the Odyssey) and moving through to the middle ages?
I remember the opening ceremonies in Athens had that welcome the world like a good host thing going on.

Also the Russian churches still use the the welcome of bread and salt for visiting high ranking clergy which may trace back to the steppes.

A search on Medieval hospitality turned up a few interesting thoughts:
http://rachel-bellerby.suite101.com/hospitality-in-the-medieval-monastery-a107731

If you can find some of the presented papers these look promising for source material
http://fmrsi.wordpress.com/2009/03/17/cfp-medieval-feasting-gift-giving-and-hospitality-university-of-cambridge-15-august-2009/

https://pure.strath.ac.uk/portal/en/publications/modern-hospitality-medieval-foundations(9034a37c-bdd9-41c3-803f-b1137517bf61).html

al AERYN