[Elfsea] Family very ill

Darr Sarah ladyadelaide at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 8 08:31:37 PDT 2012

To those of you who know, my uncle both in real life and in the society, Lord
Roland de Ruthven, has been diagnosed with lung cancer. We now have more
details, and I would like them shared to all of our friends and family in the
society.

It has been classified as non small cell carcinoma, approximately 5 cm on the
back wall of his upper rt lobe. Non small cell carcinoma is almost exclusively
lung, which would rule out metastasis. However a lot of the lymph nodes are
involved. The MDs think, since his previous x-ray from Nov. was clear, that it
grew between the end of Nov. and the first of Jan. He will have a PET scan to
verify it is the primary sight, but since the biopsy shows only lung tissue,
that  should merely be a precaution. We anticipate it to be classed as a Stage
II. This type of cancer is routinely cleared with surgery, with a small
percentage needing either chemo or radiation; very seldom ever needing both. It
can be caused by asbestos and my uncle did serve in the mundane navy. He is,
however, a heavy smoker and has been for a very long time. They will probably
remove the whole lobe, as well as all affected lymph nodes; which sounds scary,
but is relatively a routine surgery and considered low risk.

All and all, if he had to do cancer, he at least chose one of the lesser scary
ones.  Please feel free to forward and or post as you feel necessary.  My family
and I appreciate all prayers, good wishes, blessings and positive thoughts from
all of you.

The de Ruthven Clan

Ld Thomas, Ly Angelique, Ld Patrick, Ly Mathilda, Don Sebastian, Ly Adelaide,
Prudence, Thomas, the Younger, Austin, and children.