[Elfsea] Financial Policy
Seneschal of Elfsea
seneschal at elfsea.ansteorra.org
Fri Nov 30 12:28:48 PST 2012
Greetings Officers and Financial Committee:
At 7:00 pm on Decemver 17 (the evening of the Holiday Party) we will
discuss the financial policy. Changes do not have to be made, it is simply
a review to determine if the current policy will stand for the Barony in
the coming year.
Below is the current policy, please review it and bring any suggestions, or
comments to the meeting.
1. The Barony shall have its yearly budget approved by the populace. The
budget is due by Moot
in September each year. Each officer should list anticipated expenses for
that office for the
coming year and present them at business meeting prior to September Moot.
2. The populace must approve any unbudgeted expenditure over $200.00.
Expenditure shall be
valued at the total of payments if the expenditure is made in payments. Any
requires payment in advance mush have an invoice before payment can be made
3. Receipts for out of pocket expenses must be turned in within 2 moots
from the date of purchase
or the expenses will not be reimbursed.
4. Prior to lending or borrowing funds, the Barony will have in writing,
the method of repayment,
liability, and profit disbursement.
5. The Barony shall loan funds or property to SCA Inc, only.
6. The financial committee shall consist of the following (1) Baron or
Baroness, (2) Seneschal, (3)
Exchequer and two members at large.
7. The two at large members shall be selected by majority vote of the
warranted officers of the
Barony of Elfsea.
8. Financial Committee Members that miss more than 2 meetings shall be
reviewed to see if
removal from the financial committee is needed.
9. A member can be removed by a majority vote of the committee.
10. Vacancies must be announced at moot and published in the newsletter.
Vacancies must be filled
within 30 days of the position becoming vacant.
11. Financial committee members must be members of the SCA.
12. The Baron, Baroness and Seneschal shall receive a copy of the
Exchequer’s quarterly report by e-
mail or hardcopy within 30 days of filing. A copy of the quarterly report
will be available for any
member of the financial committee to review upon request.
13. The financial committee must approve event bids with attached budgets.
Every event Steward
must have a Keystone to assist them.
14. Expenses for an event must be turned in to the exchequer within 2 weeks
after the event, so the
report can be prepared and sent in on time.
15. Joint events will be subject to all regional financial policies, with
16. An acting officer shall have the power to access and spend the funds
allocated for said office and
exercise the authority of the office.
HL Elspeth de Stervlen
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Elfsea