[Elfsea] Last Weekend

Texas Treasures Texast at oldstyle.net
Wed Oct 24 18:41:52 PDT 2012

Greetings to All,

Wow!! DFT had a great weekend promoting the SCA at Tarleton State’s Home Coming Parade.  Last Thursday and Friday Lady Murron MacCionaodha with the help of Tatsuko, Lady Vittoria della Torre, and Lord Ulf Nachden Tor decorated the float we entered.   The float was decorated with vines, giving the 16’ flat bed trailer a look of a 12th century English court yard complete with a roasting pit.  A succulent javelina (papier-mâché made by Lady Vittoria) was scurried and cooking over an open fire, (no fire just sticks) being prepared for Saturday night’s Tarleton’s grid iron victory celebration.  Our theme was “Lance the Javelinas”.  Saturday morning we all met at Tarleton’s parking lot and the parade started with the sounds of trumpets and we were off.  The route took us through the streets of Stephenville.  And as we went we passed out gold coins (two Dum Dum suckers taped to a flyer telling who we were and contact information) to the peasants who gathered along the way to watch the precession.

We had a great turn out from DFT.   The following people helped pass out the “coins” (made by Lady Aaliz and Lady Diana); Tatsuko, Matt, Lady Murron, Lady Vittoria, Lady Diana, Lady Aaliz, Lord Ulf, Lord William, and I drove.  I think one of the high lights of the day was watching Matt venturing out into the masses asking “Who amongst you is willing to take up the sword to help protect home and land?” as he handed out “coins”.  It was great!  Towards the end of the route we were even able give assistance to a few maidens.

Yes it was a great day,

Thank you to all who helped make this possible.  Thank you, Lady Murron for doing all the leg work and the planning for this event.

Yours, in service,

Lord Franklin Whitenhale of Cheshire

Hospitaler – Dragonsfire Tor