[Elfsea] Baronial College

Bill Perkins bill.perkins at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 19 07:45:11 PDT 2013

Greetings unto Elfsea and Dragonsfire Tor

Firstly, I want to thank His Excellency, Sir Galen and Her Ladyship Saqra for representing the Barony so well during their tenure as Bard of Elfsea and Artisan of Elfsea.  I felt joy in seeing these worthies represent Elfsea in word and deed.

Elfsea Baronial College was a wonderful success.  I thank Their Majesties Lochlan and Gwen for attending our modest event.  Without the hard work of Centurion Gerhart, Lord William Palfrey, and Lady Diana the Just, this event would not have been such a wonderful day!  Thank you to all three of you for your hard work and tireless pursuit to ensure the event was enjoyed by all.

But, a college is incomplete without instructors and students.  Thank you to Her Mistress Kalida, Mistress Xene, Master Sebastian, His Excellency Lewellyn, Her Ladyship Ker Megan, Her Ladyship Sabine, Her Ladyship Willow, His Lordship Detlef, Al Aeryn, Lord Andreas, Lady Madelena, Lord Martin, Lady Christianana, Lord Franklin, Lady Elizabethe for taking time to teach.

At the event, I was pleased to review such wonderful displays of artistry by Her Excellency Mistress Xene, Her Ladyship Ker Megan, Her Ladyship Katya, Lady Elizabethe, Lady Gabriele, and Lady Madelena. At the end, I was simply amazed by the maliorca plate that Lady Madelena de Orozco presented.  I am pleased to annouce that Lady Madelena de Orozco is Elfsea Artisan.

The bardic competition was well attended by His Excellency Lewellyn, His Lordship Alden, Lady Rosa, Lady Bell, Lord Dryden, milord Bjorn, milord Robert, Thank you to all of you who stepped forward to perform.  Even with His Excellency Sir Galen's assistance, it was difficult to judge.  But, after much review and discussion, it is my pleasure to name His Lordship Alden Drake as the next Bard of Elfsea.  His rendition of Rose on the Banner, and his original sonnet spoke of love and beauty in the world and in life.

Lastly, it was a singular joy of mine to recognize Don Alaric Greythorne as the lastest holder of the Azure Grail.  His tireless support and work is a continuing exmaple of service to the Barony!

Sir Alejandro
Baron of Elfsea