[Elfsea] Donation items

Brandy Merrell brandyrose5 at hotmail.com
Thu May 23 14:58:18 PDT 2013

Afternoon populace of Steppes and Elfsea!

In the midst of the craziness of trying to coordinate disaster relief for Namron/Wiesenfeuer, I have run into a bit of what may be a logistical issue.  We have a gentleman in the Steppes that has generously donated the contents of a three bedroom house to help with the relief efforts.  The problem is that the people most affected by the storm will probably not have a place for many of these items (if needed) for a while.  They are in the homes of family or temporary housing situations until further notice.  We are working on compiling a list and getting it those affected to insure we know exactly what will be most needed.  I will forward it on to you as well so we know what we are talking about.

Here's where we can step in and help.  Transporting all these items to Warlord, loading them on a trailer or truck (if there is enough space) to take North and then having no place for them to go is a very real possibility.  I am asking for volunteers that may have some extra space somewhere (corner of a spare bedroom, storage shed) that would be willing to store items temporarily.

Another consideration, if anyone is willing to help coordinate it, is that some of these items may not be needed at all. The gentleman donating the items has made it clear he does not mind if we hold a garage sale and raise money for either the disaster relief or for the Barony willing to take on the project (intention must be made clear before the garage sale, but either is a possibility).

The third possibility is donating the remaining items to the relief effort in Granbury. I know we didn't have anyone personally affected, but the damage there was fairly extensive as well.  We would need people to help transport items from Carrollton to Granbury for this option.

Everything must be out of their home in Carrollton by the 1st of next month, so if you are willing to transport, transport and store, or just store items before the end of the month, please let me know ASAP so we can make sure everything has a home.

In service,
Marion (Brandy)
DRC (Disaster Recovery Coordinator) Ansteorra

Sent from my Windows Phone