[Elfsea] DRAGONSFIRE TOR YULE REVEL MENU AND LIST OF INGREDIENTS

Texas Treasures Texast at oldstyle.net
Fri Nov 29 15:48:59 PST 2013

DRAGONSFIRE TOR YULE REVEL MENU AND LIST OF INGREDIENTS part 1 of 4

The Canton of Dragonsfire Tor invites you to
Yule Revel XXIII
December 7, 2013
Oakdale Park, Glen Rose TX 78043
Site opens at 9:00 am and closes at 10:00 pm.

In honor of Baron Alejandro Ramirez Mendoza we have assembled a few Spanish dishes.  This is not a Period feast but it is of Spanish origin.
Spain is a country rich in culinary heritage and famous foods. Each traditional dish tells a unique story of history, culture, agriculture, religion, economy, and human taste. As true with most countries, different regions have different specialties.  Tomatoes, chili peppers, and maze were available to the Spanish Courts as early as the 1500’s after contact with the Americas.

First Course
Naranjas y Uvas con Peras (Oranges and Grapes with Pears)
INGREDIENTS:
•    sliced pears
•    mandarin oranges
•    grapes

Second Course
Sopa de Tortilla (Tortilla Soup)
INGREDIENTS:
•    msg free chicken stock
•    whole kernel corn
•    carrots
•    diced tomatoes
•    green chilies
•    chili powder
•    garlic
•    parsley
•    ground pepper
•    ground cumin
•    salt
Tortilla Chips, Limes, Fresh Cilantro and Fresh Onions served on the side

Third Course
Pollo con Manzanas Estilo Menorquin sobre el arroz (Menorcan Style Chicken with Apples over Rice)
INGREDIENTS:
•    boneless & skinless chicken breasts
•    cinnamon
•    salt
•    ground pepper
•    garlic
•    msg free chicken stock
•    apples
•    white grape juice - no sugar added
•    rice
•    Corn starch

Habas Spañolas (Spanish Beans)
INGREDIENTS:
•    dry pinto beans
•    garlic
•    bay  leaf
•    red bell pepper
•    paprika
•    salt
•    ground pepper
Fresh Onions served on the side.

Forth Course
Dessert Buffet   DFT is holding a Dessert Competition and entrees will be the dessert for the meal.     Please see our website for more information

This feast is FREE and is included in you $10 Gate Fee.  We are doing this because it is our way of saying THANK YOU to all those who have attended our past events and helped us raise the money needed to buy our new Canton trailer.

We hope you will all join us at our Yule Revel and partake of the fun, friends and food.

Please visit our website or email me for more information or if you have any questions.

In your service,
Lord Franklin Whitenhale of Cheshire.
http://dragonsfire-tor.ansteorra.org/yulerevel.html
texast at oldstyle.net.