No subject

Thu Apr 10 15:49:41 PDT 2014

East of the Steppes
Kingdom of Ansteorra
This the 10th of February, 2003 in the common reckoning.

Greetings unto the Crown of Ansteorra and all to whom these letters
come.

It is with great pleasure that I announce the forming of the Ansteorran
Coursing Guild and the Royal Pack of Ansteorra.  Our focus will be on
the study of the Arts of the Hunt in the Middle Ages and Renaissance.
We will also be working with the placement of retired racing hounds
(fosterlings) into suitable accommodations within the Kingdom.  It is
our sincere hope that Ansteorra will take its place amongst many
Kingdoms of the Knowne World with a strong presence of hounds upon the
local fields and those of Gulf Wars.

To further this end, we now have a web page available for making
information available to all.  This can be found at:

http://ansteorracoursing.tripod.com

The web site welcomes submissions and information concerning not just
the Hunting Arts, but those of Animal Husbandry as well.  We welcome all
to participate--and will accommodate all with interest.  This includes
those wishing to own packs, braces, leashes, or those who merely wish to
be handlers, spectators, or researchers.

To this date we have three fosterlings within the Guild:

	Chocolate Sauce is a fawn brindle ex-racer that is currently
becoming acclimated to a family who may wish to adopt her.

	Two more are due to arrive today from racing lands East.  They
are both intact females. One is a fawn and the other a black.  They will
be initially living at The Cats' Lair to make the transition from a
kennel lifestyle to that of a family home.  I will be posting their
pictures to the web site under "Fosterlings" as soon as I can snap some
pictures.  If you are interested in greyhound adoption, please contact
either myself, pat at adtelusa.com, my Ladywife/ Mistress Ronna (Steppes)
at womrn at hotmail.com, or the Society Houndsmistress/ Mistress Elizabeth
Curry (in Brad Leah) at charmchase at earthlink.net.

Below you will find the text of our Charter, which can also be found on
the web page with the Guild by-laws (parts still under construction).

May the beauty and grace of our hounds mirror the glory that is
Ansteorra.

I remain, In Service unto the Crown of Ansteorra
Maestro Petruccio Alfonso Maria Cuccieri de Cataluna
Acting Guild Houndsmaster, Ansteorra Royal Pack.

*********************************
	Charter for the Ansteorran Coursing Guild

	May it be known to all to whom these letters come that by this
Charter we make our declaration before heaven to honor and exalt the Art
of Coursing within the noble Kingdom of Ansteorra.  To this we bind our
Honor and Talents to form the Ansteorran Guild of Coursing and the Royal
Pack of Ansteorra.

	In this we declare the beauty and grace of the world embodied by
the Creator in the joyful running of our hounds.  For only the hand of
the Maker could fashion the perfection of form that is a hound in
flight.  With that, no greater gift can be given unto the Crown of
Ansteorra and Their Heirs than to provide them a Pack for ceremony,
pageantry,  education and the entertainment of visiting Nobles and Their
Populous.

	That our humble Guild undertakes to advance  the cause of the
coursing hound; which cause we shall strive to further by pursuing
excellence in the research, care, and demonstration of the breeds
gentleness and nobility. This will include the study of Period hunting
techniques, the care and maintenance of the medieval hound in the Noble
manor, and the historical role of the hound in the Ancient, Medieval,
and Renaissance world.  In furtherance we shall strive to place
fosterlings who may come available in those homes who have shown
themselves to have the disposition, dedication, and ability to care for
retired hounds.

	With this in mind, the Guild shall be recognized  by our
graceful companions who accompany us in our travels through these the
current Middle Ages.  These shall be organized into individual packs,
for those owning three or more hounds.  Individual packs are encouraged
to register Heraldic badges for identification and livery upon the
field, providing a pleasing pageantry for the Crown and its Nobles.  To
this we pledge our sacred Faith and Honor-- unto the Crown of Ansteorra
and unto our faithful charges and companions.