[Elfsea] Why do you like to fight in the SCA??

Texas Treasures Texast at oldstyle.net
Thu Jul 24 18:53:52 PDT 2014

Why do I like to fight in the SCA?? Tonight I am sitting here thinking about the SCA, for I had just sent off my report to Baron Ian, our new Kingdom Hospitler.  And I asked myself why do I like to heavy fight and I answered myself.  My first thought was “I like the dill pickles”.  Yes nothing like eating a great dill pickle and being able to try and hit someone with a stick.  But It is more than that.  When I am out on the field I am having a blast, I am always smiling and laughing.  and after the fight I am proud to show off my bruises.  I remember my first kill like it was yesterday, well it was almost yesterday it we at Gulf War this year defending the front gate of the castle in the rain.  I am on the field for myself and my Lady.  I am not trying to win the tourney nor empress a Knight.  It is nice to win once in awhile but it is not important to me if I win or lose as long as I am having a great time and I don’t embarrass myself or my Lady.  Its all about the game and honor.
Why do you like to fight in the SCA??
In your service,
Franklin