[Elfsea] Canton of Dragonsfire Tor's Yule Revel XXIV

K A via Elfsea elfsea at lists.ansteorra.org
Sat Oct 4 22:17:35 PDT 2014

Sorry, corrections it should have read "Dessert Competition".
I really shouldn't do any typing after midnight, lol.

Aaliz

On Saturday, October 4, 2014 11:58 PM, K A via Elfsea <elfsea at lists.ansteorra.org> wrote:

Greetings,

The Canton of Dragonsfire Tor’s Yule Revel XXIV is just a
few months away. This year’s Yule Revel will be December 6, 2014 at Oakdale
Park in Glen Rose, TX. The site will open at 9:00am and close at 10:00 pm. The
site fees are: adults - $10.00, 6-17 years old - $5.00, 5& under free, and
Family Max - $30.00.

            There will
be an A&S competition to find the Tor’s next A&S Champion. This will be
a “body of work” competition. Other competitions will include our traditional
Table Decorating and Banner Contests. We will have a silk fan painting class as
well as our traditional fundraiser. If you have donations for the fundraiser
contact Lady Janie of the Tor at j-cason at hotmail.com.  This year we will also have a snowball
fight, so check out our website for the rules for the snowball fight as well as
other event information.
Yule website:   http://dragonsfire-tor.ansteorra.org/yule_revel.php

            The new
contest this year will be a Desert Competition, after which the deserts will be
served as the final course of the feast. Oh, did I mention feast, this year’s
evening meal will be a feast at no additional charge. Lord Franklin Whitenhale
and Lady Cairistiona Mac Laine will be our feast stewards. More information
about the feast will be added to our website as it comes available.

            If you want to stay overnight, you will need to make
arrangements through Oakdale Park. Checkout their website

at:  http://oakdalepark.com/
In the last few years Oakdale Park has renovated their
cabins and they now have hotel style accommodations. Gone are the days when you
had to bring your own bedding and towels.

Make plans now to attend this year’s Yule Revel at
Dragonsfire Tor.

Aaliz du Lac
Event steward