[Elfsea] Steppes Archery Practice 2PM Sunday October 5th 2014:

John Bishop via Elfsea elfsea at lists.ansteorra.org
Sat Oct 4 09:49:55 PDT 2014

Greetings my Lords & Ladies!

Our weather wizards predict a picture perfect day for archery tomorrow!  A high of 85, winds 10-15 mph and only a 2% chance of thundershowers, how much better could it get!

So no need for our weather update tomorrow morning as we do plan to hold archery practice this Sunday!  The location is the Westlake Athletic Facility, 601 Gross Road, Mesquite TX (just one mile east of 635 on the right).  The range is behind the tennis courts next to the Pro-shop.  It is a bit of a walk in from the parking lot so plan to travel light.  Folding chairs, small chests with cold drinks & snacks to help keep you hydrated are a big plus.  Ice water is provided by the site and there is a great oak tree next to the range for shade so pop-ups are not needed.

Garb is requested but not required also we have been decorating where we sit with free-standing personal banners for a little more show both creating interest in the SCA and what we do.  Steppes does provide loaner gear for those whom do not yet have their own and veteran archers & marshals are willing to help with instructions for those new to the sport.  We also have a champion or two whom can help advice our more advanced archers improve their own skills.  Starting this month we have added crossbows to our loaner gear so if the bow is not quite your thing you now have another option to come enjoy flinging a few feathered shafts down range!

Great weather, loaner gear, good site, optional forms of archery and wonderful folks to share the day with how much better could it get!  We hope you shall choose to come join us on this beautiful first Sunday of October!

Regards,

HL William Black Dragon CAO, CIM, aka "Ironwyrm"

Steppes Archer & Interim Archery Marshal