[Elfsea] Steppes Archery Practice Nov. 2nd 2014:

John Bishop via Elfsea elfsea at lists.ansteorra.org
Wed Oct 29 07:29:41 PDT 2014

 Greetings Lords & Ladies,
Our weather diviners claim we shall have partly sunny day with temperatures within the mid-seventies & winds between 5 - 15 mph.  Sounds like a great day for archery practice to me!  Be advised, Nov. 2 is fall back date for our time change so if you have forgotten to change your clocks and they are not automatic start will be at 1 PM for you.  Otherwise those of us on correct time shall be starting archery practice at 2 PM this coming Sunday!
The archery range is located at the Westlake Sports Facility in Westlake Park (behind the tennis courts), 601 Gross Road in Mesquite Texas (just about one mile east of 635 on the right).  Just follow the road signs to the park.
Garb is requested but not required, bring your camp chairs, something cool to drink and snacks to help keep yourselves hydrated.  Pop-ups are not needed as there is a huge oak tree next to the range that provides plenty of shade for all.  Plan to limit what you bring in as it is a bit of a hike into the park and the less trips to the parking lot the better!  Ice water is provided by the facility, so please make use of it.
There is loaner gear available for those whom do not yet have their own equipment and veteran archers are willing to offer instruction to those new to the sport, as well as offer tips for those archers just seeking to improve their existing skills.
BTW, just thought I would remind folks we are accepting applications for the office of archery marshal for the Steppes, I am just filling that chair until our next officer steps up.  If you are considering the position but do not have the training I would be delighted to take on training deputies!  You can never have too many marshals!
Should be another wonderful fall day for archery, hope you shall chose to join us on the range this Sunday!
Regards,
HL William Black Dragon
Interim Archery Marshal for the Steppes