[Elfsea] Steppes Archery Practice Sunday Oct. 5th 2014:

John Bishop via Elfsea elfsea at lists.ansteorra.org
Mon Sep 29 10:57:04 PDT 2014

Greetings all,

Yes it's early however I wanted announce we are adding some more equipment to our Steppes archery practices that might encourage attendance as much as cooler fall temperatures.  Due to some very strong interest starting this Sunday I shall bring two combat crossbows from my own weapons levy to loan.  They cannot be used for period target shooting but may be used for open shooting, not to mention give our newer archers more archery shooting options to chose from.  I am hurriedly readying bolts for these crossbows and plan to build up a crossbow bolt levy to add to our current Steppes missile levy.  So if you have had an interest in archery before but are not sure about using a bow now you have another option to try before you invest in your own equipment.

OK, if you have been hiding under a rock somewhere and have not yet heard Steppes archery practices are scheduled for 2-6 PM the first & third Sundays of the month (for Oct. that's the 5th & 19th) at the Westlake Sports Facility, 601 Gross Road in Mesquite (one mile east from 635 on the right), behind the tennis courts to the right.

Garb & personal banners are requested but not required, folding chairs, cold drinks & snacks to help keep yourselves hydrated are recommended.  Travel light as it is a bit of a walk from the parking lot to the range so the fewer trips the better.  Ice water and air conditioning are available in the pro-shop if needed.  There is a huge oak tree that helps to provide shade next to the range so pop-ups are not really required.  Steppes loaner gear is available now including a pair of crossbows & bolts.  We have veteran archers & marshals willing to help instruct or improve those existing skills.  And best of all the fall weather is cooling things down for us!

So come join us for an enjoyable afternoon of lofting feathered shafts down range with good company & friends, we hope to see you there this Sunday!

Regards,

William Black Dragon
Interim Steppes Archery Marshal