[Elfsea] Combined Populace in the Park Steppes/Elfsea

Hospitaler of Elfsea via Elfsea elfsea at lists.ansteorra.org
Tue Aug 25 09:47:52 PDT 2015

Greetings Elfsea!

It's that time again for our combined populace in the park with our sister
Barony, The Steppes! The event will be held on this coming Sunday, August
30th from 10a-6pm. This time we will be having this event at a splash park
to beat the last of this summer heat! It was asked of me at populace if the
water is chlorinated-It probably is. What this means is that you may want
to bring extra clothing if you would like to partake in the water
activities. Here is the location and the schedule created by Lady Emelisse
de Loupey:

W.J. Thomas Splash Park
1955 N. Perry Rd
Carrollton, TX 75006

10am- Set up Pavilions and Potluck Tables

11am- Newcomer Mini-Class on Court Etiquette, with Newcomer Raffle.
Fighter's practice begins and continues at will throughout the day.

11:30am- Mini Opening Court

12pm- Potluck Lunch, with assignments by mundane last name:

      A-G: Meats, cheese or main dishes
      H-M: Fruits, veggies, sides or salads
      N-R: Breads and Crackers
      S-Z: Dessert and /or Drinks (please note site is dry)

The Barony of the Steppes will be providing some meat, as coordinated by
Sir Domingo.

1pm- Youth Water Balloon War, coordinated by Renee Warren. Please ensure
your youngsters are dressed for the occasion! Three winners (there will be
prize baskets!) will be chosen based on how much debris they collect after
the balloons are gone.

2pm- Melee fighting by the Dice: The roll of the dice will determine how
many fighters involved in each bout (1-3 vs 1-3)

3pm- Rapier Tournament

4pm- Closing court to award 3 children's prize basket for cleanup, 1
newcomer raffle basket and 2 fighter's tabards for the day's fights

5pm- Cleanup

There is a long list of activities for the day, so please come out with
your pavilions (we CAN stake in to the ground!) and have some fun with us!
I hope to see a lot of you there!

In Service,

Lady Áine
Hospitaler,  Barony of Elfsea