[Elfsea] Cooks' guild news

Richard Threlkeld via Elfsea elfsea at lists.ansteorra.org
Wed Jan 14 16:37:29 PST 2015

The Elfsea Cooks' Guild studied custards last night. The item we built was a Crème Brule. Since the cool off period was 6 hours, Pyro put a set together for the class to melt sugar onto and eat. They made up another set which we cooked, but put in the refrigerator overnight and I took it to work.

We got rave reviews including one guy who said he had Crème Brule in an upscale Paris restaurant several years ago and had not found one to measure up until now. He said ours was better.

So, students, you did better than well!

Next month we will work on building menus, figuring out purchasing lists, where to buy, etc. March will be at Gulf War so we will have some special class. April's class will work on the logistics of running a feast and running a feast kitchen in particular.

In service,
Caelin on Andrede, Cooks' Guild Principal