[Elfsea] Highlights: June Populace Meeting

Seneschal of Elfsea via Elfsea elfsea at lists.ansteorra.org
Tue Jun 23 09:34:41 PDT 2015

Greetings, Elfsea.

What a packed agenda for our populace meeting last night.  With 36 in
attendance, we covered a lot of ground.  My sincerest thanks for an
efficient and energetic process.

For our friends who could not attend, her are the highlights:

   - The populace voted unanimously to approve the financial policy with
   one minor clarification related to the description of the word "receipt".
   The final copy, as approved, will be posted on the website as soon as
   possible.

   - Rapier and Chiv practice now occurs in Bob Eden Park at 901
   Mid-Cities Blvd Euless 76039.  Sunday practices will also resume once a
   location is confirmed.

   - This Wednesday (24th), Alric Godwinson will be covering for our Rapier
   Marshal who is on a much deserved vacation.  He reminds fighters to be nice
   to the substitute and do not argue about showing blue cards.

   - The populace overwhelmingly supported the one-time addition of a demo
   for the Watauga Library on Saturday, August 1st.  The volunteer
   coordinators for this demo are Lady Aine and Lady Silvana.

   - Three positions are open for applications:  Web Minister, Rapier
   Marshal, and Hospitaler.  If interested in any of these positions, contact
   me for information.

   - We are rolling into Baronial College & Investiture with all pieces
   falling into place.  Class schedule is posted and udating regularly.  If
   you are moved to volunteer to help at this event, please contact Lady
   Eleanor.  Many hands make light work!

   - The barony may not be able to submit for a kingdom level event by the
   end of July due to a lack of available locations.  However, lady Aine will
   check out one more source prior to making that call (Bob Duncan Senior
   Center in Arlington).

   - A FB group is being created so that populace members can work with our
   A&S officer, HL Jeanne-Marie, to begin creation of all things needed to
   outfit our Golden Ticket Champion, Sir Louis, for the Tournament of
   Champions in December.  If you have ideas and want to help the barony "get
   its pomp & circumstance on", please contact Jeanne-Marie so she can add you
   to the group.

   - ​The deadline for all entries, columns, information, and reports to
   the Elfsea Tidings is Midnight, Sunday, June 28th.​  Please remember to
   acknowledge your friends' hard work by submitting word fame!

Remarkably, all of this business (and more!) was done in a little under an
hour and there was a lot of socializing afterwards. If you have not been
coming to meetings, and are able, I warmly encourage you to come and join
us.  Team Elfsea is gaining momentum.  Your energy and ideas are getting us
there!

In Service,
Lady Aoife Ruadh inghean Ragnaill
Seneschal, Barony of Elfsea