[Elfsea] Elfsea Academie - Eventing and Camping in the SCA - October 5, 2015

Michele Reichek via Elfsea elfsea at lists.ansteorra.org
Sat Sep 19 23:45:25 PDT 2015

Good evening Students!!
The Fall Tourney season has officially begun!  Are you ready to attend your first camping event?  Do you know what all to bring with you?  What about meals....meal plan or make/cook your own?  Wow, there's a lot that goes into attending larger SCA events, and for a beginner just getting started, it can seem overwhelming.  The next class for this semester is going to help you get prepared for attending SCA events, local and far, camping and one-day-only events, within the Kingdom and out-of-Kingdom events, and so on.  Are you ready?
This will be the fourth of nine lecture-style classes, with the goal of these classes being to provide everyone with the tools, knowledge, and understanding to enjoy the SCA to its fullest. So, with that said, here are the details for the third class of the semester:
Eventing and Camping in the SCAMonday, October 5, 20157pm - 9pm
This class will be taught by our own Baron and Baroness of Elfsea, Their Excellencies William and Cassandra Pelfrey!
In this class, we will be discussing SCA events: what you can expect, what kinds of venues the SCA uses for our events, and what all you should/ can bring to enjoy these events to their fullest.  Cooking and meals will be discussed, since aside from tents/ pavilions, this seems to be the topic most newcomers want to talk about.  Carpooling, 'crash space', 'day-tripping', meal plans, 'sacred ground', and more will be introduced as well.
**The classroom where we will be holding class will be in the Polytechnic United Methodist Church on the Texas Wesleyan campus, which is located at the corner of E Rosedale St and Collard St. **
Please park in the church parking lot, which is behind the church building. If the lot is full, there is street parking also. To find the classroom, please enter the church, proceed down the three stairs and through the stained glass area, then continue down the hallway. Be looking for myself and/or Lady Aine, as always we will help you find the classroom if you should accidentally get lost.
Kid friendly; food and drink are permitted; note-taking materials and camera phones are welcome.
A friendly reminder: ALL classes are SCA-clothing optional! You may wear street clothes, work clothes, or SCA clothing, the choice is yours.
The address is:The Polytechnic United Methodist ChurchTexas Wesleyan University1201 Wesleyan St. Fort Worth, TX 76105
I will have my phone with me if anyone gets lost - 817-557-7472.See you all there!!~J-M