[Elfsea] 2017 Tabletop Siege Engine and Feast Crossbow Tournament at Steppes 12th Night:

John Bishop via Elfsea elfsea at lists.ansteorra.org
Thu Dec 29 12:29:54 PST 2016

 Season's Greetings All!
It's that time of year again and Steppes Twelfth Night is nearly upon us!  With Twelfth Night comes our Tabletop Siege Engine and Feast Crossbow Tournament!  A fun little completion that appeals to the child within all of us!
This year as in previous tournaments it shall be a "one on one" fight to the finish between our dueling competitors to determine this year's champion in the art of flinging food stuffs.  Also as in past tournaments as our competitors are eliminated the ammo only gets squishier and more juicy(out of doors only).  There can be only one winner and to the victor shall go the spoils(and bragging rights for another year)!  So come join us for the excitement and fun to be had at our little table top splatter fest contest during this year's Steppes Twelfth Night(don't forget your plastic sheeting if you sit too close)!
Traditionally we hold our tournament "out of doors" weather permitting of course, however should the weather be uncooperative we shall move the action indoors.  Should we be forced indoors only solid ammo small be used for the competition that can be easily sweep up after the tournament.  Please inquire at gate as to our tournament's location on site.  Although we encourage you to be creative to make your own feast weaponry it is not required and there shall be loaner feast weapons available for those whom do not have their own.
 The Contest Rules:
- All mini/feast siege weapons & crossbows must be able to fit within a sixteen inch circle.  - All mini/feast siege weapons & crossbows must not exceed sixteen inches in height.  - All mini/feast prod/bow powered weapons must not exceed a nine pound draw limit.  - All tabletop siege engines must remain on the table while in use.  - All contestants must remain in a seated position while participating.  - All mini/feast weapons must be safety checked and approved for use prior to use.  - All competitors must wear protective eye wear while competing. - All competitors must agree to their spotter's "hits scored" tally.  - Any participant failing to respond to being called to compete shall be passed over only   once. - Ammo may be gleamed(not caught) from the table top and reused as long as the   participant remains seated.  - Ammo must strike your opponent first and intact to be counted as a hit. - Only ammo provided by the tournament's sponsor(s) shall be allowed.
Sign up and inspections begin following morning court,  our tournament begins with our first contestants being called about 1 PM(SCA time).  The tournament shall be either a single or double blind draw elimination depending upon our number of signed participants.  All like mini/feast weapons shall be paired against like competitors for as long as possible.  All participants twelve and younger must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to compete.
I hope this post answers all your questions about our little tournament, if not please feel free to contact me privately at the above email address.  I wish to thank this year's tournament sponsors the members of House Arkham and the Draconian Horde!  We are very much looking forward to another fun & laugh filled contest this year!
Regards to all,
HL William Black Dragon  aka  "Ironwyrm"