[Elfsea] Archery format for Elfsea Defender

Richard Threlkeld via Elfsea elfsea at lists.ansteorra.org
Mon Mar 21 19:11:25 PDT 2016

I wanted to design a shoot that would be fun for everyone and still separate the more effective archers from those who have not been to practice (and you know who you are). All rounds are 6 arrows unless otherwise specified. We may have some loaner gear, but don't depend on getting gear that works well for you. There will be some time after the field is set up for practice (with standard targets).

Round 1 will be at 20 yards with clay pigeons. You get one point for each one you break up. If you put an arrow through it, but don't break it up, then you just made it easier for the next guy. Broken pigeons will not be replaced except to accommodate more shooters than we have shooting spaces.

Round 2 will be at 30 yards with wands of about 1 inch and 2-3 feet tall. Hitting one will get you two points. Broken ones will be replaced (if we use real wooden wands).

Round 3 will be 3 sub-rounds at 40 yards. You will start with 6 arrows. Each arrow that would have scored with standard scoring will earn you one point and the right to shoot that arrow again. Any arrows not scoring may not be used in subsequent sub-rounds.

Round 4 will be at 30 yards and will be a 30 second timed round. You may bring more than 6 arrows if you believe you can use them. Standard scoring will apply (outer ring is 1 point and bulls eye is 5 points).

If there is a tie, I will have an undisclosed round to break the tie.

In service,
Caelin on Andrede
Elfsea Archery Marshal