[Elfsea] Caelin's and Guyon's meal plan menu

Richard Threlkeld via Elfsea elfsea at lists.ansteorra.org
Sun Nov 27 10:57:40 PST 2016

We finally have a menu, though it is still open for some change (hint, hint - you may try to add or subtract something and we will at least listen).  We are doing dinners from Sunday evening to Friday evening. We will be doing breakfast from Sunday morning until Saturday morning.

This year we are having breakfast head cooks each morning. We will still set the basic menu, do quality control, and buy the food, but people we trust will be running each breakfast. There will be several breakfast head cooks and they add something to their breakfast, but the basic breakfast will be the same for all mornings. We are hoping to get some good cooks to begin taking over some or all of the meal plan in the future.

We have currently taken onion allergy, shell fish,  and gluten sensitivity into our planning. If you have another allergy (as opposed to a dislike for a given ingredient) feel free to contact us and we will see what we can do for you - no promises.

The same rules as last year will apply this year.

1.  You must camp with Elfsea or be in a directly adjacent camp. We have been told Steppes is currently planned to be adjacent.

2.  You must sign up to work two or more meals doing whatever needs doing: chopping, cooking, cleaning, fetching, ... If you cannot or will not you may pay double the going rate for the meal plan and you will be excused from working. If you are sitting royalty, we will allow your entourage to do your work. If you skip out on work, we will assume you have decided to pay double.

3.  We are only selling full week meal plans. We've tried partials and it gets way too complicated.

4.  We will negotiate prices for children based on our estimate of what they may eat. Guyon's son is a big eater, for instance, so he pays a full adult fee.

Sunday Dinner

Smoked Pork Butt

Tomato Basil Soup

Corn

Salad

Monday Dinner

Chicken Breast stuffed with Asiago cheese, onions, mushrooms, and garlic

Carrot Soup

Roasted Potatoes

Green Beans

Bread

Tuesday Dinner

Cajun Shrimp Boil

Tomato Soup

Salad

Wednesday Dinner

Ribeye Steaks (hand cut on site)

Mushrooms and Onions on the side

Red Potatoes

Salad

Bread

Thursday Dinner

Fajita Bar

including separate bowls of

    beef, chicken, onions, bell peppers, beans, lime rice, sour cream

    corn tortillas, flour tortillas, corn chips, guacamole, potatoes

Friday Dinner

Mac and Cheese with ham and bacon, a mixture of cheeses, cream

Bread

All Breakfasts

Scrambled Eggs

Bacon

Tortillas

Hash Browns

<possible add-ons>

We are still pricing this. It will be a somewhat higher than last year.

In service,

Caelin on Andrede