[Elfsea] Elfsea / Bonwicke Defender Follow-up

Seneschal of Elfsea via Elfsea elfsea at lists.ansteorra.org
Sun Sep 4 17:31:45 PDT 2016

Greetings, Elfsea.

I want to take the time to commend Bonwicke.  Their Defender was fantastic
and we had a large Elfsea contingent on site.

Saturday was packed with classes, tutorials, and hands-on learning from the
Rapier Academy-- and Bonwicke's newest Chivalric Defender is Elfsea's own
Absolon of Hereford.

Usually, much of the action happens on the Saturday of an event....but not
at this Defender!
The excitement of Saturday's events were exceptionally matched by an
awe-inspiring Rapier Defender tourney.

All told, 30 entrants, including His Royal Highness Jason as the Dreaded
By, fought through Swiss 5 (five rounds with each round using a designated
weapon or combination of fighting accoutrements).  They kept a swift pace
and the pairings were fierce.  Our own Baron William was a great part of
the action.

In the end, the final round consisted of four undefeated fighters: Master
Robin, HE Facon, Lord Alistair, and Elfsea's own Daniel O'Nialligan.

The final round delivered in all the ways one might expect: displays of
rapier prowess, respect, honor, and courage.  In the end, HE Facon emerged
the new Bonwicke Defender in Rapier-- and I suspect everyone watching
realized they had just seen one helluva show.

Thanks to Bonwicke for a great event-- and a hearty congratulations and
thank you to all Elfsea Rapier fighters in this competition!
Today was a sight to behold.
Bravo and Brava!