[Elfsea] Cook's Guild tonight

Richard Threlkeld via Elfsea elfsea at lists.ansteorra.org
Tue Jul 11 12:35:19 PDT 2017

Last month was knife skills, but most of the students could have taught it.  So, in addition to tonight's topic, we will do a quick run through knife skills if any students missed last time.

Tonight's topics are basic bread making with Pyro bread as an example and basic sanitation - or how to cook without making your friends sick.

We serve bread with nearly every feast and bread is part of every culture we study, but the basics are the same for all of them. You should bd able to make bread when the class is done.

Sanitation is a necessary skill for commercial cooking and what we do is very close to that. There have been a few serious problems, but the SCA has had a pretty good history of serving food without incident. Come learn how to continue that.

In service,

Caelin on Andrede

Cook's Guild Principal