[Elfsea] Elfsea Reading Circle

Marisa Burbidge mare.imbrium53 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 09:06:24 PST 2018

Hello all,

I suggested a little experiment a few weeks back, and ended up getting some
interest, and with the blessing of their Excellencies I am sharing it with
the list.

I would like to invite all interested gentles to join a reading group for
enjoyment, fellowship and the advancement of the general historical
knowledge of the populace. We will read books pertaining to our SCA period
and then meet and discuss them on a monthly or bi-monthly basis, depending
on scheduling. We had a Facebook poll that did not, to be honest, get a lot
of votes - I hope that means everyone who was interested was fine with any
book - but the tie-breaking vote was cast by Baron Kazimierz so I think we
shall let it stand as our inaugural book.

We will be reading *The Time Traveler's Guide to Medieval England: A
Handbook for Visitors to the Fourteenth Century*, by Ian Mortimer. It is a
little over 300 pages long and there are copies available *right now* at
the Hurst, North Richland Hills and Arlington Public Libraries. (Bedford
and Grapevine don't have it, and that is the limit of my checking) Here is
the Goodreads entry:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4936457-the-time-traveller-s-guide-to-medieval-england

So please grab a copy and read with us! Meeting time/place is to be
determined, but I imagine we will give everyone about 6 weeks to read the
book due to the holidays and the novelty of this endeavor.

There is also a Facebook group currently found under "Unofficial Elfsea
Reading Group Planning" which I would love for you to join if you are
Facebook inclined. You can leave feedback there about where/when we should
meet and suggest books for next time. If you want to let me know about
those things without having to use Facebook you can email me at
mare.imbrium53 at gmail.com.

Thanks for reading!
Lady Aline Hopton