[Elfsea] Elfsea Baronial College - Baron and Baroness "Thank You's

Baron of Elfsea baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org
Mon Oct 1 17:43:47 PDT 2018

We apologize for both the length of this missive and the overuse of the
words "Thank You." However, English is lacking in its variety of words of
appreciation.

Thank you to everyone who attended. Without the Populace attending, there
really is no need for the effort exerted to put on an event. We realized
late in the game that We would be fighting an uphill battle, sharing a date
with a Kingdom event which included four "circles." Because of everyone who
attended, Our Barony managed to have a financially successful event. Though
that is not the reason we all work so hard to host events, it is always a
rewarding outcome. The fact that we all learned new things and had fun as
well is just icing on the cake.

Thank you to Lady Astrid Flokadottir (Makenzie Lechtenberg), Baroness
Jeanne-Marie la Verriere (Michele Hays) and the Event Coordinators for the
wondrous job you performed in planning Our College. Your fresh ideas for
themes and contests provided many who attended with a day of education and
amusement. Lady Astrid, you did an amazing job running the event on the day
itself. I don't think We ever saw you sit down to rest, except at Court.
You are an inspiration.

To the teachers who came to share their knowledge in both the Arts and
Sciences, words alone cannot express Our gratitude. For you to give up a
day, not to mention the planning time, to travel and teach, humbles Us.
Many of you distributed handouts and supplies for either free or reduced
costs. I know many of you traveled up to 5 hours, just for the benefit of
others. Your generosity is truly appreciated. You are a great part of what
We love about this Society.

Baron Llywelyn and Baroness Xene,(Todd Marsh and Vicki Marsh), We cannot
express how grateful we are that you and the Elfsea Musicians' Guild
provided music for the day. We hope this can continue at future events. The
ambiance you brought to the College was amazing. So many people told Us how
they enjoyed being entertained while waiting for Court. As We told you
after the event, We were pleasantly surprised to hear your impromptu choir
singing before evening Court. It was a "magic moment" for Us.

Honorable Lady Eleanor of Forth Castle (Denise Oberlin), the Elfsea Cook's
Guild and kitchen volunteers, Thank You for the delicious sideboard
luncheon. We appreciate the work you put in both before lunch, during, and
afterwards with the cleanup. The sideboard was simple and tasty, just what
we needed to stay attentive during the afternoon classes.

Lady Melodie Anne de Ryes (Melanie Gallon) and Eydris Eriksdottir (Amanda
Nicole Young), Thank You for attending to and entertaining the youngest
members of Our Society. I rarely saw either of you unless you each had
several children around you. Your patience and energy are virtues We aspire
to.

To Our outgoing Bard, Kenneth MacAllister (Paul Williams III), Thank You is
simply not enough. You entertained Us with story and song, you provided
good company, and were a charming bard to spend time with. You gifted Us
with the Bardic competition We had hoped for, one where selecting a
Champion was difficult. To you and all who competed (or performed) you have
Our gratitude.

To Sir Daire de Haya (Stephen Hays), Thank You for stepping in and allowing
Our Arts and Science Champion, Adelaide de Bourbon (Laura Young Hodnett) to
attend the Elevation of a Dear Friend. Your selflessness at Our College
will not be forgotten, nor will the laughs you provided Kaz (Kat is still
rolling Her eyes) that day. To all who entered the Artisan competition,
your entries were all amazing, each and every one. We envy your talents and
are covetous of your abilities.

To our Guards during court, Sir Daire de Haya and Honorable Lord Sebastian
Eton Frobishire, You have our heartfelt thanks for ensuring our safety and
providing peace of mind while we were occupied with the business of Court.

Sigmund Ulfsson (Robert J. Gallon), your period gaming tables were varied
and popular. Thank You for providing these fun diversions.

To those who participated in Our "Disney-fy Your Persona" contest, your
dedication and efforts in creating your costumes was spectacular. I truly
expected a cloak or sequins added to garb. Instead, We saw new sets of garb
sewn specifically for the contest. Thank You for adding so much to Our
College.

Our gratitude is extended to the humble Gentles who performed the duties of
sitting Gate, accompanying Us as entourage, and preparing and cleaning the
site. We do not have everyone's name so rather than risk leaving someone
out, We will simply say Thank You. Without your tireless efforts, the
College could not have succeeded.

And as we wind down, to a person who stepped in to a role that he never
meant to take just when he thought he was going to get to relax. Who truly
embraced it and made the day memorable for all. Thank You to our wonderful
Court Herald, Paul Girard Palfrey. You kept us on track and made us
laugh..when thinking upon the service you provided We can only say,
“Huuuuuuzzah!”

And finally, Congratulations are in order to Our newest Baronial Champions.
Our Arts and Science Champion is Lady Aline Hopton (Marisa Burbidge). Our
Bardic Champion is Aalina Godwin (Nikki Steninger). Both of these Gentles
performed admirably, and We are proud for them to represent Our Great
Barony. We cannot wait to see how the year unfolds for them as they
represent Elfsea in future endeavors.

If we have failed to mention your name, or list you as a worker, teacher,
participant, or guest please know that it is not intentional. There were so
many who made this event a wonderful success and there was no way that we
could hope to remember them all. Just know that you were noticed and
appreciated.

As always, In Service to the Dream,

Kazimierz and Katheryn
Baron and Baronessa of Elfsea