[Elfsea] Baronial College Competition and Class Update

Marisa Burbidge mare.imbrium53 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 13:35:16 PDT 2019

Dear populace,

I want to thank you all so much for offering your time and talents to
Elfsea Baronial College, to be held on Saturday, October 26, 2019 in Fort
Worth. We have a fantastic array of classes and wonderfully talented
entrants to our Artisan competition! We are so blessed by your generosity
that our class space is nearly at capacity. *At this time, we will only be
taking new class submissions from anyone who will be also entering our
Artisan competition*, as teaching is a requirement for entry. The only
exception to that would be that I have some time slots to teach classes in
an outdoor area (you will have shade and access to power). If someone was
thinking about teaching a martial class, or one that otherwise needs to be
or can be outdoors, please send me a message.

The *Elfsea Artisan competition* is a single item entry. The theme is
Pleasant Surprises. What is considered pleasant is up to you. Documentation
is not required, though it is welcome. Teaching a class at the College is
required, but it does not have to be related to your entry. To enter you
must sign up through this link: https://forms.gle/UZWWvT5jcXcxqa687 Please, *if
you are thinking of competing, sign up ASAP so I can get your class on the
schedule.* I plan to post the schedule this Sunday evening.

Their Excellencies will also be choosing their Bard. The *Bardic
competition* will begin at 1:00 pm. They expect entrants to have three
pieces prepared and any who are able to utilize the theme with one of their
pieces will have more weight in their consideration. Two of the pieces will
be performed and the third will be in reserve if needed. Sign-ups for
Bardic will be on-site and

*close at noon.**Costuming Competition*!! The theme is 'Team Pride' - no
matter who or what your team is, show your pride with your SCA clothing!
All 'teams' are welcome - SCA groups, sports teams, fan clubs, etc. There
are no limits - have fun and show your pride! There will be prizes for
Adults and Kids!

*ARTISANS AND CRAFTERS NEEDED: *We once again also need the wonderful
members of our barony to donate prizes to the winners of our competitions!
They will rank their choices and you will be notified if yours was chosen.
There is a limited budget available if your piece requires reimbursement
for materials. You will have one year to complete the item. Please sign up
here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfnrgKi0ab2LM5e7RJRNmO-PWQSQHcWN807wxuu4WqXTEujfQ/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1

Thank you to everyone who is going to make our college great!
Lady Aline Hopton
Artisan of Elfsea