[Elfsea] New Chronicler Announcement

Chronicler of Elfsea chronicler at elfsea.ansteorra.org
Mon Feb 10 12:04:15 PST 2020

*To Their Azure Excellencies Kazimierz and Katheryn and Their wonderful
populace of the Barony of Elfsea your devoted servant Lady Aline Hopton
newly chosen Chronicler of Elfsea sends greeting**. The industrious and
doughty peoples of Elfsea are a jewel in the crown of Ansteorra. It is my
humble wish to record their deeds so that they shall be known forever.
Alas, I cannot travel to every corner of the known world to witness every
one of those great deeds personally. I entreat all good gentles to bring to
me words and images of their fellows as they go about their work, be they
accounts of battles fought, great works undertaken and completed, or awards
bestowed. Even those seemingly mundane matters of christenings, travels or
the taking of students I would have upon the page for all to see. Please
send your words to me at the turning of each season that all will know of
the great Barony of Elfsea. The people would also rejoice and delight to be
entertained by song and story or educated by the words of our wise teachers
on the topics for which they have expertise. All will be welcome in
Tidings.*

Elfsea Tidings is the official newsletter for the Barony of Elfsea and is
published on a quarterly basis. Submissions are due in March, June,
September and December.

*The Chronicler Needs YOU!*

What kinds of things can you submit?

-        *Event reports:* Would you like to be a reporter for the Elfsea
Tidings? Write up a short article about what you experienced at an event.
Remember who – what – where – when. Were there competitions? Did anything
notable happen at court? Did you witness a great deed?

-        *Educational articles:* Do you teach an art? Was something
discussed at the last Newcomer’s Academy that you think would be helpful to
be explored in further depth? Have you tried a new period recipe? You know
things that others don’t know but would like to!

-        *Wordfame:* Show your appreciation for members of our populace.
This does not have to be lengthy. A short sentence can be enough to let
someone know their efforts were appreciated.

-        *“Social” news:* Do we have new members? Has a member of the
populace chosen a society name they wish to be known as from now on? Has
one of our knights taken a squire or one of our artisans apprenticed to a
laurel?

-        *Photos and Art:* I welcome all creative works of all mediums
(including written of course), photos of creative works, photos of events
and photos of people as they go about their business in the Kingdom. *Please
remember that I need a signed release form from the photographer, the
people photographed, and the creator of any creative work.* Links for those
releases are listed here on the Chronicler’s page.

There is NO NEED TO WAIT until the submission deadlines to submit any of
these items. Write that report or wordfame while it is still fresh in your
mind and send if off to me. I also welcome any questions or suggestions.

In Service,

Lady Aline Hopton

Chronicler

*Submissions will be published at the discretion of the Chronicler, the
Baron and Baroness of Elfsea, the Regional Chronicler and the Kingdom
Chronicler. Decisions of the Chroniclers are guided by the Kingdom
Chronicler’s Handbook section II.B, “Local Branch Newsletters –
Inappropriate Inclusions.” Please see the handbook for specific details.*
--

Fillable Photography Release Form
<http://www.sca.org/docs/pdf/ReleasePhotographerFillable.pdf>

Fillable Model Release Form