[Elfsea] Elfsea Kimbell Art Museum Demo

Alhdryð ceorlstrang alhdryth at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 09:21:39 PDT 2024

Good morning, all!

On behalf of the Barony of Elfsea, I'm planning a 16th Century A&S demo at
the Kimbell Art Museum. It will take place Sunday, July 14, to accompany
their upcoming exhibition, Art and War in the Renaissance: The Battle of
Pavia Tapestries. This demo will also coincide with their Family
Festival/Ice Cream Sunday, so there will be lots of interested kids and
parents wanting to learn more about what we do! I would love to see people
come out from all over to show the incredible research and artistry we do
in Ansteorra.

In my discussions with the museum, we want to emphasize arts and garb of
the 16th century, specifically the few decades bracketing 1525—the year the
Battle of Pavia took place—in order to support our educational mission. We
ask that anyone interested in participating either wear garb appropriate to
the time period or attend in mundane clothing, and present arts that would
have been practiced around that time. While there will be children present,
children's activities will be facilitated by the museum's Education
department.

Please contact me directly if you are interested in participating!

In service,

Alhdryð ceorlstrang